LARAMIE’S LIVING HISTORY BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES PAGE - 2
It must have been an exciting day in the late 1970s when the 1878 Holliday house was moved from 319 Garfield St. to three isolated acres at 2252 Welsh Lane, nearly a mile outside city limits.
A stable built in the late 1800s by German-born Theodore Bath has recently taken on a new life. Once known around town as the “Stone House,” it is a far cry from its origins.
At the edge of West Laramie, on the way to the Snowy Range, there is an unfinished stone house noticed by everyone who goes by, though they can only guess at its history.
Early pioneers to Wyoming loved to fish. And right away, by 1868, resident anglers were voicing concerns about local fish and game populations—concerned that their favorite fishing spots might run out of stock. Eventually a government fish hatchery was built south of Laramie to remedy any concerns.